Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How could we get the most out of a lowish spermcount?

18 months ago I underwent chemo for testicular cancer, 6 months after we have Been trying for a baby. Of course chemo effects fertility fortunately for me it's showing good signs of returning. Recently updated from the who ( I think they are called, not the band) 2010 says 15million perml 50% motility . Before chemo I had 33million and 50% motility this was after my operation of removal of my right testicle so I was slightly anoyed u wasn't offered sperm freezing before the removal, anyway it wa enough. Every 6 months since chemi I've been tested . It's gone from 1.5 mil, 8mil and now it's 14million per mil but the motility is 75% 65 of which are rapid progresive and 3.5ml's of semon, I feel very lucky but I always refriane for a 4-5 days before test . My question is when we trying are we better off trying every other day or is it better to pinpoint ovulation and save up the numbers so to speak for 4 to 5 days or does it make no odds to do it daily as the numbers are there just spread out a bit more , do you get why I mean lol . We are on fertilty treatment as my wife is on clomid. And is ovulating , this is cd 8 we ha a scan today and the folicles on the left side are 12 11 11 and 9 mm so far . I don't want to do it everyday and only have a few million sperm going in at the most fertile time, I'd rather save up and have maximum numbers ready waiting , am I thinking about this too much? My Wife has another scan on day 12 will they give us an idea of what day ovulation will be? When I first had sperm tests I didn't refriane and had low counts(before chemo) unless I left it 3 days and it went up in the 30 millions , so now it's lower my mind is in the same state I'm amsuming my count is lower untill I've left it long enough. Hope I've not lapped on too much making no sense what so ever lol !! Thank u so much Reading all this waffle

No comments:

Post a Comment