Monday, August 8, 2011

Traveling from New York City, JFK to Mumbai, India via Kuwait airways?

I flew to Mumbai, same airline, from NYC, and I had the idea of bringing a selection of the most popular American candies for my friends children in India. I packed them in my checked luggage, and I put a note on top of the zip lock bag that held the candy mentioning that that was my intention. The candy was confied. I also brought some in my carry on. That too was confied. You may have better luck, as I was later told by the airline that it was a random thing. Just remember that Mumbai, even this time of the year, is pretty hot, so chocolate might not hold up. But anyway, if you want to chance it, putting it in your carry on is best, and then when you get to the counter at the airport, ask them if you should transfer it to your checked luggage. If they say it's not allowed, just graciously offer it to whoever told you it wasn't allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment