Monday, August 8, 2011

Gen X'ers, Doesn't all the technological changes we've seen in the past 30+ years amaze you?

I've seen great inventions, wonderful technological advance, I lived through a progressive time in the areas of technology, discovery and science and I feel special because of it. But at the same time I've seen people get dumber, more alienated, lazier in the way that they're more dependent in all this technology to the point they've become overweight. Maybe it's because of all the communication mediums available now... but still. I remember rolling my car windows up and down, changing the channels with a dial, staring at vinyl records spinning endlessly, dialing phone numbers with phones that had real bells inside of it, the sweet and warm sound of an og synth, and flipping the switch on the cable box to watch HBO, the only cable channel available the furthest I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment